Amazing Floating Village !

Vietnam - Floating village in Halong bay by © Lucie's Photography / www.luciedebelkova.com.
Ha Long bay (literally: Descending Dragon bay; Vietnamese: Vịnh Hạ Long) is a UNESCO World Heritage site located in Quảng Ninh province, Vietnam. The bay features thousands of limestone karsts and isles in various sizes and shapes. The Ha Long bay, dotted with 3000 limestone islets rising from emerald waters, is the best known natural wonder of Vietnam. Because of their precipitous nature, most of the islands are uninhabited and unaffected by a human presence. The site's outstanding scenic beauty is complemented by its great biological interest. The islands feature endless numbers of beaches, grottoes, and caves.

The bay is a sea islands in tropical wet with 2 seasons: hot and moist summer, dry and cold winter. Average temperature is from 15°C- 25°C. Annual rainfall is between 2000mm and 2200mm. I was not aware of those cold winter days. When I originally went to Ha Long bay I've imagined, blue sky, dramatic sunset and turquoise water. Instead of that I spend two days on the boat in half rainy, half misty day. I came back with slightly different photos than I originally thought I would take, but I still like the result.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...