China Strange Food !

I am sure you heard of Chinese people in China eating strange food like cats, dog, tiger and donkey penis, monkey brains and other strange stuff. Pretty much Chinese will eat anything that flies except helicopters and planes, and everything that walks except cars and bicycles. The Chinese do not discriminate when it comes to food. I think that up to 500 years ago, they use to eat each other as a victory prize; when one warlord conquered another, the winer would eat the looser for lunch! Makes sense, ergonomics, eliminate your enemy and do not let anything go to waste!

I am not Chinese, but like the saying goes, “When in Rome do as the Romans do!” I have experimented a little with strange Chinese delicacies. This last trip, in Beijing I ate fried scorpions. A trip before this one, not quite China but Laos I had dog meat, unknowingly. Dog meat suppose to be an aphrodisiac.

Here are a few interesting pictures i took of strange food in China: Scorpions, a Starfish, and a Goat Head. I wanted to get a picture of a dog gutted and cut in half that a fellow traveler had, but he guarded it with jealousy! Sounds like I will need to make another trip to China to get that coveted skinned dog meat picture. I heard the place to go is in Guilin, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region.

Fried Starfish

Fried Starfish

Fried Scorpions

Fried Scorpions

Fried Large Scorpion

Fried Large Scorpion

Goat Head

Goat Head

http://www.igorthetroll.com/blog/china-strange-food/
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...